Banana Bread with Walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs of soft unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs milk
Deliciously sweet and healthy this banana bread is very easy to prepare. Makes one loaf.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Peel the bananas and process until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Stir the bananas and vanilla into the creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and walnuts.
- Fold into creamed mixture with milk.
- Turn the batter into greased loaf pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake 1 and 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn out loaf onto a rack to cool.