Pear Ice with White Wine and Ginger
|4 ripe pears, peeled, cored and quartered|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|2 tsp ginger, minced|
This is super refreshing light fruit ice with the fresh taste of pears and a hint of ginger. You can make this ice with almost any fresh fruit.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes., until pears are tender.
- Pour into a blender or food processor and puree.
- Pour into a freezer container and freeze for about 2 hours.
- Spoon back into the blender or processor and puree until smooth again.
- Pour back into the container, cover and freeze until firm.