Sea Scallops with Mushrooms and Cheese Sauce (Mornay)
|1 lb fresh sea scallops|
|1 and 1/2 cups mornay sauce( to make mornay sauce use are search engine to find bechamel sauce and add 1/2 cup of Gruyere cheese and a pinch of dry mustard to the recipe)|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 lb sliced button mushrooms|
|2 cups fresh bread crumbs (you ma process french bread in a food processor)|
|1 stick of unsalted butter melted|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|lemon slices for garnish|
This is another delicious way to enjoy fresh scallops. We use “mornay” sauce which is just a bechamel sauce with the addition of cheese. Also if available this dish may be presented in scallop shells. If the shells are not available, just us a gratin dish.
- Follow the directions to make the mornay sauce.
- Coat the bottom of a gratin dish or casserole dish with some mornay sauce.
- Sprinkle with white wine.
- Place the scallops in one layer, season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place the mushrooms all around.
- Cover scallops and mushrooms with bread crumbs and butter,
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon and serve.