Tortellini in Cream Sauce with Parmesan and Peas
|1 lb cheese or spinach filled tortellini (or a combination of both)|
|4 tbs unsalted butter, softened|
|1 cup cooked green peas|
|1//2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg|
|8 fresh basil leaves chopped into ribbons (chiffonade)|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Tortellini is very labor intensive to make. The good news that most grocery and gourmet stock good quality fresh tortellini in the refrigerated foods section. this is a super simple recipe to prepare.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Return pasta to the same pot. Add the butter over low heat and mix with a wooden spoon until butter is completely melted.
- Add the peas and cream. cook for about 4 minutes until the cream has thickened slightly.
- Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the nutmeg and mix well
- Garnish with the ribbons of basil.