- 1 lb cheese or spinach filled tortellini (or a combination of both)
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 1//2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 fresh basil leaves chopped into ribbons (chiffonade)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Tortellini is very labor intensive to make. The good news that most grocery and gourmet stock good quality fresh tortellini in the refrigerated foods section. this is a super simple recipe to prepare.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Return pasta to the same pot. Add the butter over low heat and mix with a wooden spoon until butter is completely melted.
- Add the peas and cream. cook for about 4 minutes until the cream has thickened slightly.
- Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the nutmeg and mix well
- Garnish with the ribbons of basil.