The Crab Bomb
|2 lbs jumbo lump crab meat|
|1/4 cup panko bread crumbs|
|2 sticks of unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tsp white vinegar|
|1 tbs old bay seasoning|
|Parsley for garnish|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful recipe that is a knock off of the famous ‘Crab Bomb” Served at Jerry’s Seafood in a suburb of Washington D.C. It is rich with butter and most importantly, jumbo lump crab meat. The serving size is huge, about 1/2 lb per person. Serves 4.
- Mix old bay seasoning with crab meat several hours before serving.
- Melt butter and mix with vinegar.
- In a bowl mix the crab meat with mayonnaise, panko, then season with a little salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, being careful not to break up the lumps make 4 (1/2 lb) tennis ball sized balls of the crab mixture and place them in individual heat proof ramekins.
- Pour the melted butter/vinegar mixture over the crab meat.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until it sizzles.
- Garnish with parsley.