Jerusalem Artichoke and Spinach Salad
- 1 lb Jerusalem artichokes (sun-chokes)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, juice and rinds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lb young spinach leaves
This is a super healthy delicious salad. Jerusalem artichokes are super delicious and underused simply because many of us don’t how to prepare them. This recipe is a great introduction.
- Scrub the artichokes, then cut into 1/4 inches slices.
- Place in a large sauce pan of boiling salted water.
- Add the lemon rind and juice from 1 lemon.
- Simmer until tender. About 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and the remaining juice from the remaining lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the artichokes,then toss in the dressing.
- Cool then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the tough stems from the spinach,and tear into small pieces.
- Spoon the artichokes into a pan with any remaining marinade.
- Broil until browned on both sides.about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss the artichokes and any pan juices with the spinach.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.