|1 red bell pepper seeded and coarsely chopped|
|1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes|
|1/4 cup blanched almonds|
|14 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tbs sherry vinegar|
|1 tsp ground cayenne pepper|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful sauce using red peppers and almonds as a base. In Spain they use it as a dipping sauce for grilled spring onions.
- Roast red pepper over a gas flame or under a broiler until skin is black and blistered.
- Blanch or roast the almonds in a dry pan
- Place pepper in a plastic bag and seal for 10 minutes.
- Remove pepper from bag and remove black skin.
- Place roasted pepper, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, almonds and ground red pepper in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.