- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbs fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs capers, drained and finely minced
Snail butter does not actually have any snails in it. It is a compound butter that is actually used in France for serving snails in the shell. This butter is wonderful when used with grilled oysters or clams on the half shell.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Place the mixture in a covered plastic container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- The butter may also be frozen if desired.