Charcoal Grilled Greek Shrimp Salad
|1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1 head iceberg lettuce|
|1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced|
|1 small red onion,sliced|
|1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced|
|3 roma tomatoes,peeled seeded and diced|
|1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled|
|8 marinated artichoke hearts|
|1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil|
|10 fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|1 tbs dried oregano|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|2 cloved garlic,minced|
|1/4 cup feta cheese,crumbled|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Charcoal grilled shrimp are served on the same platter with a wonderful Greek salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese.Serve with some crusty bread to sop up the juices.
- Marinate the peeled shrimp with olive oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes for 10 minutes.
- Thread shrimp on presoakied bamboo skewers.
- Cook shrimp over hot coals for about 3 minutes per side.
- Place the salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a food processor and process until the ingredients are smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Place the salad 4 plates and distribute the grilled shrimp evenly atop each salad.