Charcoal Grilled Radicchio With Marscapone Cheese
|2 small heads of radicchio|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|1 lb of Marscapone cheese|
|fresh grated Parmesan cheese|
|Chives for garnish|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
Radicchio is a beautiful vegetable that has a sharp slightly bitter flavor. The Marscapone cheese is a wonderful partner for the radicchio.You may also substitute ricotta or yogurt cheese.
- Cut each head of radicchio into quarters.
- Generously brush with olive oil and grill over hot charcoal, frequently turning.
- The Radicchio will be done when the core is easily pierced with a knife.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cover with a slice of cheese for the last minute on the grill.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a few drops of olive oil before serving.
- Garnish with chives.