- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red pepper,diced
- 2 Jalapeno's, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomato,seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped (leaves only)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 lb of skinless halibut fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 corn tortillas
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Lime wedges
The spicy corn salsa makes these fish tacos extra special. Full of avocado, chilies, grilled corn and halibut. Serves 4.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut fish into 1 inch cubes and thread on pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Brush fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over hot coals or on a stove top grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the fish feels firm.
- Heat tacos over the hot coals or stove top in a dry skillet.
- To eat place some fish cubes into each taco shell, cover with shredded lettuce and top with salsa.