Grilled Fish Tacos with Spicy Corn and Avocado Salsa
|1 cup of corn kernels|
|1/2 cup red pepper,diced|
|2 Jalapeno's, seeded and diced|
|1 large tomato,seeded and chopped|
|1 small red onion, diced|
|1 avocado, diced|
|2 tbs lime juice|
|1 tsp canola oil|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp oregano|
|3 scallions, chopped|
|Small handful of cilantro, chopped (leaves only)|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 lb of skinless halibut fillets|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce|
|8 corn tortillas|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
The spicy corn salsa makes these fish tacos extra special. Full of avocado, chilies, grilled corn and halibut. Serves 4.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut fish into 1 inch cubes and thread on pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Brush fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over hot coals or on a stove top grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the fish feels firm.
- Heat tacos over the hot coals or stove top in a dry skillet.
- To eat place some fish cubes into each taco shell, cover with shredded lettuce and top with salsa.