Fresh Farm Cheese
|1 gallon of whole milk|
|1 package of rennet or juice from 3 lemons (you can purchase rennet from you gourmet food store)|
|4 tbs Kosher salt|
Here is a delicious cheese that is easy to make at home.
- In a large sauce pan heat the milk to 90 degrees, and take off heat.
- Mix in rennet or lemon juice and mix.
- Let stand for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours use a whisk around in the pan to cut up the curds.
- Line a wire mesh strainer with cheese cloth and pour the contents of the pan through.
- The whey(liquid)will pour through, what remains is the cheese curds.
- Wrap the cheese cloth tightly abound the curds, squeezing out as much water as possible and shaping the cheese in a ball at the same time.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over with the kosher salt. and let set for several hours.
- Refrigerate and serve.