Mexican Chicken and Corn Chowder
|2 cups of chicken stock ( homemade or canned Food So Good Mall Chicken Stock Recipe)|
|2 cups cooked chicken breast meat, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 red bell pepper chopped|
|1 small can green chillies, chopped|
|1 16 oz can of frozen corn, thawed|
|1 small can of whole tomatoes, drained and chopped|
|2 16 oz cans of creamed corn|
|1 cup half and half|
|1 Serrano chili, seeded and chopped|
|1 cup Monterey Jack cheese|
|tortilla chips for serving|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 tsp cumin|
This is a wonderful south of the border twist on corn chowder. We use tomatoes and chilies in the recipe along with the savory flavors of cumin and garlic. We also use creamed corn and half and half with makes this soup, very cream with a silky texture.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan or stock pot.
- Saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper until soft. About 3 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the cheese and tortilla chips and mix well.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese and serve with tortilla chips.