Grilled Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Mozzarella Cheese
|1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 breasts about 1/4 lb each)|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs lime juice|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp dry oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup roasted red and yellow peppers (fresh or jarred)|
|1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
This is delicious very healthy dish that once the chicken is marinated.
- Using a meat mallet or heavy pan, pound the chicken breast to 1/4 thick.
- Place chicken in a ceramic baking dish.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour over chicken making sure all the chicken gets some marinade.
- Marinate the chicken covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Longer if desired.
- Grill chicken over charcoal or on a stove stop grill over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- During the last minutes of cooking, top chicken with the peppers and cheese and allow the cheese to melt.