Grilled Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 breasts about 1/4 lb each)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup roasted red and yellow peppers (fresh or jarred)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
This is delicious very healthy dish that once the chicken is marinated.
- Using a meat mallet or heavy pan, pound the chicken breast to 1/4 thick.
- Place chicken in a ceramic baking dish.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour over chicken making sure all the chicken gets some marinade.
- Marinate the chicken covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Longer if desired.
- Grill chicken over charcoal or on a stove stop grill over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- During the last minutes of cooking, top chicken with the peppers and cheese and allow the cheese to melt.