Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups quick oats
These are some delicious old fashioned chewy oatmeal cookies.
- Cream together, butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir into creamed mixture and add the oatmeal and raisins. Mix well
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease several cookie sheets.
- Using an ice cream scoop. scoop out dough balls and place them on the cookie sheets leaving about 3 inches in between dough balls.
- Flatten dough ball slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Note: the shorter the baking time the chewier the cookies will be. The longer the crisper.