Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
|1 tbs cornstarch|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 cup cold|
|2 cups sugared sliced fresh peaches ( you may use canned)|
|1 cup fresh blueberries|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 cup sifted flour|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/4 cup butter, softened|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
This is a wonderful cobbler recipe that marries peaches and blueberries.
- Mix first three ingredients, then add the fruits.
- Place in a sauce pan and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add the butter and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into an oven proof baking dish.
- For the crust, sift together the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and butter all at once and beat until smooth.
- Pour over the fruit.
- Mix 2 tbs sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.