- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold
- 2 cups sugared sliced fresh peaches ( you may use canned)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
This is a wonderful cobbler recipe that marries peaches and blueberries.
- Mix first three ingredients, then add the fruits.
- Place in a sauce pan and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add the butter and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into an oven proof baking dish.
- For the crust, sift together the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and butter all at once and beat until smooth.
- Pour over the fruit.
- Mix 2 tbs sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.