- 12 chicken wings
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbs grated onion
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
This is a spicy, but not too hot version of Indian chicken wings. These wings are marinated in a yogurt mixture full of spices.
- Cut off and discard the tip of each wing at the first joint.
- Cut apart the tow remaining wing parts at the joint and place the wings in a shallow glass dish.
- Blend yogurt, onion, salt, pepper, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture evenly over wings, turning to make sure wings are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Turn wings occasionally.
- Remove wings from yogurt mixture.
- Cook wings over hot charcoal, turning several times until cooked through.