Coconut Cream Pie with White Chocolate
|2 cups milk|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup sifted flour|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|3 egg yolks|
|2 tbs unsalted butter, softened|
|2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1 cup flaked coconut|
|1 9 inch pastry shell or graham cracker crust|
|whipped cream and toasted coconut|
|white chocolate ribbons for garnish|
Coconut cream pie is an American favorite with a melt in your mouth deliciousness! Makes 1 9″ inch pie.
- Scald 1 and 1/2 cups of milk.
- Put 1/2 cup of milk, sugar, flour and salt into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Remove feeder cap and add the scalded milk gradually and process for a few seconds.
- Pour mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat then put eggs in container and blend for a few seconds.
- Gradually add the cooked mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add to sauce pan, stir and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract and coconut.
- Pour into a baked pastry or crumb crust.
- Chill until firm.