Crawfish Shrimp and Crab Boil
|1/4 cup coriander seeds|
|1/4 cup Mustard seeds|
|1 tbs cayenne pepper|
|4 bay leaves|
|2 tbs allspice|
|2 tbs dill seed|
|Shrimp, Crabs and Crawfish|
|Corn on the Cobb|
|1/2 cup old bay seasoning|
|2 tbs cayenne pepper (optional)|
This is a spice mixture that is wrapped in cheesecloth and used to add to the water when boiling seafood. One recipe is sufficient to boil a dozen crabs, 4 lbs of crawfish or 4 lbs of shrimp. Recipe may be doubled if desired.
- Add all ingredients to a cheese cloth square (6 inches x 6 inches), then gather the ends and tie tightly into a pouch.
- Add the pouch to 3-4 quarts of boiling water and add seafood of choice.
- Cook crabs for about 5-8 minutes, shrimp for 1 minute and crawfish for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow seafood to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- The boil may also be used to boil corn, potatoes etc.
- You may add more spice depending on how much seafood you are boiling and how spicy you like it.