Delicious Lime Slush with a Kick
|9 cups water|
|4 green tea bags|
|2 12 oz cans of limeade, thawed|
|2 and 1/2 cups sugar|
|3 cups white rum|
|7 cups chilled lemon lime soda|
This is a super simple drink to prepare. It may be made with or without alcohol. It is perfect for a BBQ or a large group picnic. Makes 30 drinks.
- In a large sauce pan bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Steep for 3 to 5 minutes
- Discard the tea bags, squeezing to extract all flavor.
- Stir in the limeade concentrate, sugar and rum.
- Transfer to a freezer container, cool.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To use the frozen limeade mixture, combine the frozen mixture and soda in a large pitcher.
- Mix and serve over ice.