Banana Velvet Doughnuts
|2 and 1/2 cups flour|
|2 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup honey|
|1 ripe banana, mashed|
|2 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1/2 tsp vanilla|
|Canola oil for deep frying|
These are silky smooth sweet donuts.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Add the honey gradually and continue beating until well mixed.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Fry donuts in a deep fat fryer or sauce pan at 370 degrees. Fry a few at a time.
- Fry the holes as well as the donuts.
- Turn the doughnuts when the rise to the surface and are brown on the underside.
- Fry until brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Serve warm.