- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 2 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Canola oil for deep frying
These are silky smooth sweet donuts.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Add the honey gradually and continue beating until well mixed.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Fry donuts in a deep fat fryer or sauce pan at 370 degrees. Fry a few at a time.
- Fry the holes as well as the donuts.
- Turn the doughnuts when the rise to the surface and are brown on the underside.
- Fry until brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Serve warm.