Grilled Salmon and Grapefruit Salad
|1 lb skinless wild Atlantic salmon|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|Mixed green salad or Arugula works equally as well|
|1-2 grapefruits, skin removed and sectioned|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|sliced hard boiled eggs for garnish|
|small grape tomatos and blanched green beans for garnish, optional|
Grapefruit is known to contain certain powerful antioxidants that may help to reduce risk of heart disease. It is also known to promote weight loss since grapefruit also contains fat burning enzymes which remove excess fat from body. When combined with Omega-3 benefits in the salmon you have a meal that is healthy, super simple and delicious!
- Season both sides of salmon with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Place salmon in a grill pan and cook until opaque in color
- While salmon is cooking, segment grapefruit and place in bowl
- Once the salmon has finished cooking place in refrigerator for 5 minutes
- Artfully combine chilled salmon, segmented grapefruit and mixed green salad
- Squeeze lemon juice and a little extra virgin olive oil over the salad for dressing.