Puerto Rican Frituras de Maiz- Corn Fritters
|1 cup of sifted flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1 15 oz can of creamed corn|
|1 tbs Sazon seasoning Food So Good Mall Sazon Recipe|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Canola oil for frying|
This is a super simple wonderful and delicious corn fritter. Another staple of Latin street food.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the canola oil and mix well.
- In a large saute pan add enough canola oil to cover the bottom of pan
- Heat the oil until very hot, but don’t allow to get too hot.
- Place several table spoons of batter into the hot oil and mash down to form a round fritter.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides,
- Drain on a wire rack and serve hot.