- 1 cup of sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 15 oz can of creamed corn
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs Sazon seasoning Food So Good Mall Sazon Recipe
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Canola oil for frying
This is a super simple wonderful and delicious corn fritter. Another staple of Latin street food.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the canola oil and mix well.
- In a large saute pan add enough canola oil to cover the bottom of pan
- Heat the oil until very hot, but don’t allow to get too hot.
- Place several table spoons of batter into the hot oil and mash down to form a round fritter.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides,
- Drain on a wire rack and serve hot.