Baked Chicken Reuben Sandwiches
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 16 oz can of sauerkraut, drained|
|4 slices of Swiss cheese|
|1 cup of thousand island dressing|
|8 slices of rye bread|
|1 stick of butter, melted|
This recipe uses chicken, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing to make a delightful Reuben sandwich. You may either grill the bread as pictured or you may just toast it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken for 40 minutes or until done and juices run clear.
- Squeeze excess liquid from sauerkraut and place evenly over each chicken breast.
- Continue to cook for another 10 minutes then place a slice of Swiss cheese over each chicken breast.
- Toast bread slices in a toaster or under a broiler.
- Remove chicken from oven and place each breast on a piece of bread and dress each one with some thousand island dressing.
- Top each sandwich with another slice of bread and drizzle with some melted butter.