Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea
|1/2 lb of fresh blueberries|
|juice from 1 large lemon|
|4 cups water|
|6 tea bags (tea of your choice)|
|3 tbs of honey (more if you like your tea sweeter)|
|fresh mint for garnish|
This a super refreshing summer time iced tea that use fresh blueberries, lemons. Makes 4 12 oz servings.
- Bring blueberries and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until blueberries are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and pour through a fine wire mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to squeeze out the juice. Discard the pulp left in the strainer.
- In a sauce pan bring water to a bowl, add the tea bags and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Stir in honey and blueberry juice mixture.
- Add to a pitcher and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.