|2 cups of finely chopped clams|
|1/2 onion, minced|
|1 stalk of celery, minced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1 cup flour|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|pinch of cayenne pepper|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|canola oil for deep frying|
These fritters are perfect as appetizers or as a main course. You may also substitute other seafood with this recipe. Mussels, Crab, Shrimp, Scallops or Conch, or a combination.
- Drain any liquid from the clams.
- In a large bowl, add the clams, onion, celery, garlic, eggs and milk together.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper.4-
- Stir the flour mixture into the conch mixture to form a thick batter and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let batter rest.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/4 full of oil and heat to 360 degrees
- When oil is hot, drop a few tablespoons of batter into the oil and fry until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding several fritters to the oil at one time, taking care not to over crowd.
- Serve fritters with hot sauce, cocktail sauce of spicy mayonnaise.