Chilean Sea Bass with Crab Meat & Micro Greens
|1 lb lump crab meat, picked through|
|1lb of sea bass or grouper fillets|
|6 cloves of garlic, minced|
|3 shallots, minced|
|zest from one lemon|
|1/4 stick of melted butter|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup of heavy cream|
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 cup of mixed baby or micro salad greens|
Chilean Sea Bass is a species of grouper. It has firm flaky white flesh and is absolutely delicious. If you cannot find it, you may use any firm white fleshed thick fish fillet that you desire. Serves 4.
- Pick through crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps.
- Gently mix crab meat with the lemon zest and 1 tbs of the melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Once crab meat has chilled for 30 minutes using an ice cream scoop, make four equal portions and set aside.
- Mince the shallots and garlic
- In a sauce pan add the garlic and shallots and saute until soft. Add the tomato sauce 1 tsp of sugar and cream and cook using gentle heat for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a non stick saute pan, using medium high heat, sear the fish fillets on one side until slightly golden
- Add the fillets to a baking dish and top with a scoop of the crab meat and cook using 350 degree heat for about 7 to 10 minutes or until fish is flaky.
- On 4 separate plates evenly place the tomato cream sauce (as pictured) on 4 plates.
- Carefully place the fish fillets and crab in the center of the sauce and top with some baby or micro greens that have been lightly dressed in olive oil.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve immediately. This dish goes great with a crisp white wine.