- 4 cups cucumber, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a twist on traditional coleslaw that uses crispy shredded cucumber along with red cabbage and a savory vinegar dressing.
- Shred, carrot, cucumber and cabbage (a food processor works well)
- Add the carrots and pace vegetables in a colander over and empty bowl and allow excess water to drain. About 1 hour.
- In a non reactive bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar and celery seed and set aside.
- Discard drained fluid from vegetables and transfer the cucumbers, cabbage and carrots into the bowl along with the dressing. Gently mix well.