Onion and Cilantro Relish with Garlic and Lemon
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, leaves and stems, chopped finely
- 2 bunches of scallions, white parts only, sliced into small rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is super simple relish to prepare. It marries cilantro with its natural partners of onions, garlic and lemon.
- Add all ingredients to a large non metallic bowl and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- May be served over burgers, hot dogs or just about anything that you want to have a spicy relish. This relish may also be used as a dip with crispy tortilla chips.