|3 cups of unpeeled apples cored and cubed|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|2 cups of seedless grapes, halved|
|1 cup celery, chopped|
|1 cup of elbow macaroni|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|1 cup broken walnuts|
|1 stalk celery, thinly sliced|
This is a classic Waldorf salad that uses the addition of elbow macaroni. It contains apples, grapes, celery and walnuts along with a savory sour cream dressing. 4 to 6 servings.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Cut apples and sprinkle lemon juice over them to prevent discoloration.
- Combine the apples with the grapes, celery, macaroni.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the sour cream and mix well.
- Combine the salad with the dressing and gently mix.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and serve.