The West Coast Cheeseburger
|4 slices Wisconsin fontina cheese|
|1 lb ground chuck 80/20|
|8 slices heirloom tomatoes|
|4 tbs Guacamole|
|4 slices red onion|
|8 strips bacon|
|mixed greens for garnish|
|8 grilled sourdough slices|
This cheese burger teases the taste buds with sliced heirloom tomatoes, Wisconsin Fontina cheese, guacamole, sliced red onions, bacon, lettuce atop grilled sourdough bread. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
- Form four patties from the ground chuck (1/4 lb each)
- In a saute pan fry the bacon until almost crispy.
- Fry the hamburger patties in the same patty until medium (about 4 minutes on each side)
- In the last two minutes of cooking add the cheese slices to the burger.
- Place bread slices on a stove top grill or under an broiler and grill until slightly golden.
- To assemble burgers place some mixed greens on the bottom on the roll followed by several slices of tomatoes, and several slices of red onion
- Place the burger atop, add the bacon and guacamole then top with the remaining bread slice.