- 1 lb Ground chuck 80/20
- 4 slices Wisconsin aged cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Wisconsin Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of cooked ham
- folded omelet (4 eggs)
- 1 small onion, sliced and sauteed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced and sauteed
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- Canola oil for frying
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a twist on a classic cheeseburger that uses Wisconsin cheddar and Swiss cheeses along with sliced ham a folded omelet, sauteed onions, and sweet bell peppers on a Ciabatta roll. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
- Divide the beef into 1/4 lb patties.
- Add a little oil to a skillet or sauce pan and cook burgers to desired doneness, turning only once. Don not press down on the burger.
- Saute the bell pepper until slightly soft
- Beat the eggs and add to a saute pan with a little butter, once eggs begin to set. fold them over and form an omelet. About 3 minutes.
- Alternatively you may top each burger with a fried egg.
- Toast the ciabatta roll slightly.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking add a slice of cheddar, a slice of cheese and a slice of ham to each burger.
- Cover and allow cheese to melt.
- Remove burger from pan and put on the bottom of the ciabatta roll.
- Divide the omelet into 4 portions and put 1 portion on each burger.
- Top each burger with roll and serve.