- 2 lbs of boneless grouper fillets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 5 cups fish stock
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 scotch bonnet or Habanero peppers whole
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
This recipe uses Grouper, one the most beloved fish in the Caribbean. The chowder contains, onions, bell pepper, potatoes tomatoes, lime juice and spices.
- Add all ingredients except for the fish to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir.
- Add the fish fillets whole and simmer for another 15 minutes. There is no need to cut fillets as they will break apart on their own.