French Fried Potato Balls
|1 and 1/2 cups of mashed potatoes|
|2 eggs beaten|
|milk (just enough to make a stiff batter, several tbs)|
|1/4 onion, minced|
|3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|3/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs|
|canola oil for deep frying|
This is a great appetizer that kids and adults go crazy for. You can prep the day before and put these together in less than 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with a little milk.
- Combine the potatoes with the eggs, onion, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Shape mixture into small balls, about 1 tbs each and roll in the remaining bread crumbs. You should have about 20 balls.
- Heat 2 to 3 cups of canola oil in a deep fryer or large sauce pan and fry the potato balls in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.