Indian Mango Lassi
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup of thick Indian yogurt (you may substitute thick Greek Yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 tbs of sugar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced nuts (cashews, pistachios or almonds)
- Several strands of saffron
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms, ground
This is traditional Indian drink the is very satisfying as well as cooling. It contains yogurt, saffron, cardamoms and sugar.
- Add the peeled mango to a blender of food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the yogurt along with some ice cubes and sugar and blend again for a few seconds.
- Add the nut slices into the lassi and mix with a spoon.
- Garnish with a few strands of saffron is desired.