Irish Soda Bread
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups of buttermilk
This is super simple version of Irish Soda Bread that uses Bisquick. This bread is best served warm, slathered in butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mi the baking mix, flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Beat eggs and reserve 1 tbs.
- Stir in eggs and the buttermilk into the flour mixture.
- Turn the dough onto a well floured surface and knead about 20 times.
- Shape dough into a ball and place into a greased casserole dish.
- Cut a cross into the top of the dough and brush surface with remaining egg.
- Bake for about 1 hour.