Jamaican Bully Beef
- 1 tin of corned beef
- 1 clove garlic
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or Habanero
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 tbs water
This is a dish that is served quite frequently in Jamaica. It is typically served for breakfast along with fried plantains.
- Chop the onion, tomato, sweet pepper, hot pepper and crush the garlic.
- Combine the beef and garlic in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, add the onion, hot pepper, sweet pepper, tomato and thyme.
- Fry gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef mixture and the water to the pan.
- Fry gently for a further five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fried plantains.