Jamaican Bully Beef
|1 tin of corned beef|
|1 clove garlic|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 scotch bonnet pepper or Habanero|
|1/2 red bell pepper|
|1 sprig thyme|
|3 tbs water|
This is a dish that is served quite frequently in Jamaica. It is typically served for breakfast along with fried plantains.
- Chop the onion, tomato, sweet pepper, hot pepper and crush the garlic.
- Combine the beef and garlic in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, add the onion, hot pepper, sweet pepper, tomato and thyme.
- Fry gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef mixture and the water to the pan.
- Fry gently for a further five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fried plantains.