Puerto Rican Arroz Con Cerveza Y Cebolla (rice with beer bacon and peas)
|2 cups rice|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 can onion soup|
|2 slices of bacon, diced|
|1 can beer|
|1 large white onion sliced|
|kosher salt to taste|
|2 tsp butter|
|1 cup roasted red peppers(pimientos morrones)|
|1 cup sweet peas|
This is delicious super simple Puerto Rican rice dish that is cooked with beer with bacon and peas.
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting the water for broth and onion soup.
- In a saute pan fry the bacon over medium until slightly crispy.
- Add the bacon and beer to the cooked rice. Mix well.
- Saute the onion and red pepper in the butter.
- Place half the onion, red pepper and sweet peas on top of the rice and fold in gently.
- Reduce the heat to low cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, garnish with the other half of the onion, red pepper and peas.