Puerto Rican Arroz Con Cerveza Y Cebolla (rice with beer bacon and peas)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can onion soup
- 2 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 can beer
- 1 large white onion sliced
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup roasted red peppers(pimientos morrones)
- 1 cup sweet peas
This is delicious super simple Puerto Rican rice dish that is cooked with beer with bacon and peas.
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting the water for broth and onion soup.
- In a saute pan fry the bacon over medium until slightly crispy.
- Add the bacon and beer to the cooked rice. Mix well.
- Saute the onion and red pepper in the butter.
- Place half the onion, red pepper and sweet peas on top of the rice and fold in gently.
- Reduce the heat to low cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, garnish with the other half of the onion, red pepper and peas.