Turkey and Swiss Panini with Roasted Red Peppers
|1/2 lb of fresh sliced turkey breast|
|4 slices of ciabatta bread or bread of your choice|
|4 roasted red peppers, jarred|
|4 slices of Swiss cheese|
|2 scallions, chopped|
This is a delicious sandwich that is very easy to prepare.
- Spread the inside of the slices of bread with Dijon mustard.
- Place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom of the bread topped by half of the turkey breast.
- Top each sandwich with 2 of the roasted red peppers and some of the choppped scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the peppers with another slice of Swiss, then top with slice of bread.
- Place the sandwiches in a sandwich press until the cheese has melted.
- Alternatively you may wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet in a 400 degree oven. Place a heavy iron skillet or other heavy pan over the sandwich and bake for about 15 minutes.