Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Chilies
|1 lb linguine, cooked|
|3/4 cup pasta water, reserved|
|1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp, tail on|
|6 thinly sliced garlic cloves|
|1/4 cup dried bread crumbs|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped|
|1-2 fresh chilies, sliced thinly on a bias|
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and reserve 3/4 cups of the pasta water
- Add the olive to a saute pan along with the garlic and saute for about 1 minute using medium heat. Do not burn.
- Add the shrimp and saute until pink, about 1-2 minutes, turning several times.
- Add the bread crumbs to the pan and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with about 3/4 cup of the pasta water, then add the shrimp mixture, cilantro and chilies, then toss to combine well.