- 1 dozen shucked oysters
- 6 slices of thin sliced bacon, cut in half crosswise
- juice from 2 lemons
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is delicious recipe that wraps thin sliced bacon around oysters and places them under a broiler or over charcoal. This recipe gains its genesis in the UK. It is a perfect bite.
- Pre-cook the bacon, half way.
- Place the oysters along with their liquor in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Season oysters with a dash of kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- Wrap each oyster in a piece of bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
- Set the oysters on a baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Cook turning occasionally for about 8 minutes until the bacon is browned and the edges start to curl.
- Alternatively you may cook the oysters over a charcoal file, turning frequently, until edges on bacon curl.
- Serve as is or on crusty bread or in oyster shells.