Angels on Horseback
|1 dozen shucked oysters|
|6 slices of thin sliced bacon, cut in half crosswise|
|juice from 2 lemons|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is delicious recipe that wraps thin sliced bacon around oysters and places them under a broiler or over charcoal. This recipe gains its genesis in the UK. It is a perfect bite.
- Pre-cook the bacon, half way.
- Place the oysters along with their liquor in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Season oysters with a dash of kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- Wrap each oyster in a piece of bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
- Set the oysters on a baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Cook turning occasionally for about 8 minutes until the bacon is browned and the edges start to curl.
- Alternatively you may cook the oysters over a charcoal file, turning frequently, until edges on bacon curl.
- Serve as is or on crusty bread or in oyster shells.