Wild Rice Salad in Lettuce Cups
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 and 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- 8 to 12 butter lettuce cups for serving
This is a super delicious healthy salad.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Soak the rice in cold water overnight
- Simmer rice and garlic clove in chicken stock until all liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Pour rice into a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Saute scallions and mushrooms in butter for about 3 minutes.
- Add to rice.
- Add the bacon and olives.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Pour over rice mixture and gently mix well.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Serve in tomato shells or atop butter lettuce cups.