Stuffed Celery Tapas
|12 celery stalks|
|1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese|
|1/2 cup cream cheese|
|3 tbs sour cream or creme fraiche|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/4 cup of crasins or golden raisins|
The creamy filling contrasts well with the crunchy celery, and the walnuts add a wonderful flavor. This appetizer goes well with pre dinner drinks. Celery sticks may be cut into bite sized servings. Be sure to use a vegetable peeler to peel the tough ribs off of each celery stick. This recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- Wash and trim the celery, peel the underside with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the sticks into 4 inch lengths.
- In a bowl combine the blue cheese, cream cheese, crasins or raisins and sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in all but 1 tbs of the walnuts. (1 tbs of the walnuts reserved for garnish)
- Neatly fill the celery stalks with the cheese and nut mixture.
- Chill and garnish with the reserved walnuts.
- Use the same filling to stuff cherry tomatoes. Cut off a slice at the top of each tomato, scoop out the seeds with a small spoon and fill.
- Fill Belgian endive leaves in the same way as the celery.