Sesame Seed Dinner Rolls
|2 and 1/3 cups bread flour|
|pinch of sugar|
|1 cup warm milk|
|2 pkgs of active yeast|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 egg yolk beaten|
|sesame and poppy seeds|
These are wonderful diner rolls that are relatively simple and well worth a little extra effort.
- Stir sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
- Stir gently to moisten any dry particles remaining on top.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Lightly beat 1 egg into yeast liquid.
- Pour into flour mixture, combining to make dough.
- On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Grease several baking sheets.
- Divide risen dough into small portions.
- Shape into 8 inch long ropes about about 1 inch thick.
- You can make ropes into various shapes, twisted braids etc.
- Place on greased sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush rolls with egg yolk.
- Sprinkle some of the rolls with sesame seeds and others with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.