- 3 English cucumbers
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- big pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
This is a wonderful soup with the sweetness of cucumbers and the tartness of buttermilk. It is meant to be served cold.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients and process until very smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.