- 1 lb of ground beef, pork or turkey
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 cup of salsa
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a perfect soup for a chilly day.
- In a large sauce pan or stock pot brown the meat in little oil.
- Add the onions and saute until slightly soft.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Chopped hot peppers
- Jack cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips