- 4 tomatoes, seeded and sliced. (combination of cherry, red and yellow tomatoes)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced (red, yellow or green or a combination)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small can of ripe olives, drained
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
This is a wonderful fresh, colorful salad. Serves 10.
- In a large glass bowl, layer one third to one half of the tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers two or three times until all ingredients are used.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad.
- Mix well and chill for several hours.