Glazed Leg of Lamb
|1 8 lb leg of lamb|
|3 cloves garlic, sliced|
|1 tbs rosemary, crushed|
|1 tbs sage leaves, crushed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup dry sherry|
|1/2 cup currant jelly or cherry preserves|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|2 tsp oregano, crushed|
|2 tsp thyme, crushed|
This is a super simple way to prepare a leg of lamb.
- Make several slits in the leg of lamb and insert garlic slices.
- Bring lamb to room temperature.
- Combine rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Rub generously into meat.
- Combine the sherry, jelly or preserves, ketchup and stir over low heat until well combined. Set aside.
- Place lamb on rack in a roasting pan.
- In a preheated 325 degree oven cook the lamb for 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
- During the last 1 and 1/2 hours of cooking, baste the lamb frequently with the sherry mixture.
- Serve any remaining sauce with the lamb.