- 1 8 lb leg of lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbs rosemary, crushed
- 1 tbs sage leaves, crushed
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup currant jelly or cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp oregano, crushed
- 2 tsp thyme, crushed
This is a super simple way to prepare a leg of lamb.
- Make several slits in the leg of lamb and insert garlic slices.
- Bring lamb to room temperature.
- Combine rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Rub generously into meat.
- Combine the sherry, jelly or preserves, ketchup and stir over low heat until well combined. Set aside.
- Place lamb on rack in a roasting pan.
- In a preheated 325 degree oven cook the lamb for 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
- During the last 1 and 1/2 hours of cooking, baste the lamb frequently with the sherry mixture.
- Serve any remaining sauce with the lamb.