Oyster Pecan and Sausage Stuffing
- 1 pint of fresh oysters, drained, liquor reserved
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, removed from casing and broken up
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1/2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups day old bread, cut into cubes, crust removed
This stuffing makes a wonderful marriage of oysters, sausage and pecans.
- In a large saute pan or dutch oven, saute the sausage until browned. About 5 minutes.
- Remove sausage and add the butter to the sausage fat.
- Add the onion and celery and saute until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add the Worcestershire, oysters, cook sausage, pecans and bread cubes.
- Mix well.
- Use to stuff the turkey or chicken.