Oyster Pecan and Sausage Stuffing
|1 pint of fresh oysters, drained, liquor reserved|
|1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, removed from casing and broken up|
|1/2 cup butter|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 cup celery, chopped|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|pinch of kosher salt|
|pinch of white pepper|
|1/2 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped|
|6 cups day old bread, cut into cubes, crust removed|
This stuffing makes a wonderful marriage of oysters, sausage and pecans.
- In a large saute pan or dutch oven, saute the sausage until browned. About 5 minutes.
- Remove sausage and add the butter to the sausage fat.
- Add the onion and celery and saute until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add the Worcestershire, oysters, cook sausage, pecans and bread cubes.
- Mix well.
- Use to stuff the turkey or chicken.