Grilled Monkfish with Lemon and Dill
- 2 lbs of cleaned monk fish
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- lemon slices for garnish
Monk fish is probably the ugliest fish in the sea. It is also one of the best tasting. This recipe brings out the lobster like quality in monk fish.
- Remove all membrane from the fish, if any.
- Each tail should give you 4 steaks.
- Place in a non metallic dish.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the dill, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the fish, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours turning occasionally.
- Drain the fish, arrange on a rack, and grill or broil about 6 minutes on each side, basting regularly with the marinade.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon slices.