Grilled Monkfish with Lemon and Dill
|2 lbs of cleaned monk fish|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs chopped dill|
|2 garlic cloves sliced|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|lemon slices for garnish|
Monk fish is probably the ugliest fish in the sea. It is also one of the best tasting. This recipe brings out the lobster like quality in monk fish.
- Remove all membrane from the fish, if any.
- Each tail should give you 4 steaks.
- Place in a non metallic dish.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the dill, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the fish, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours turning occasionally.
- Drain the fish, arrange on a rack, and grill or broil about 6 minutes on each side, basting regularly with the marinade.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon slices.